5x7 Area RugsFrom small living rooms to spacious kitchens, our machine-washable 5x7 area rugs can easily transform any space. Design your dream home with our wide selection of styles, colors, and patterns below.
5x7 Area Rugs
From small living rooms to spacious kitchens, our machine-washable 5x7 area rugs can easily transform any space.
Stain & Water
About Our 5x7 Area RugsWith its medium size, a 5x7 rug is probably the most versatile rug size there is. It can elevate the look of your small to medium space, or define and accentuate a section of any large room. No matter what room you’re styling, be it the living room, kitchen, or bedroom, a 5x7 area rug can easily transform your home.
How Big Is a 5x7 Rug?
As the name suggests, a 5 by 7 rug measures 5 feet wide and 7 feet long, or 150 cm wide by 215 cm long.
- In the living room: A 5x7 rug should be big enough to cover most of the floor area of a small, apartment-size living room, or the area under the coffee table in front of the couch (front legs off the rug) in medium-size living rooms. For large living rooms, use a 5x7 rug to define or accentuate a smaller section of the room, such as a reading nook or a sitting area by the fireplace.
- In the bedroom: If you have a twin-size bed, a 5x7 rug is just the perfect size for it, giving enough coverage and rug space all around the bed. In larger bedrooms, a 5x7 rug might be too small under a queen or king bed, but it can be used to separate a small sitting area beside the bed.
- In the kitchen: For medium and large kitchens, your 5x7 rug is best placed in front of the sink, or on either or both sides of the kitchen island.
- In the home office: Whether you have a dedicated room or a corner in your bedroom, a 5x7 rug is large enough to fit an entire standard-size desk and chair.
- In the entryway or foyer: A rug of this size will create an inviting and lasting impression when placed in the foyer or entryway.
How to Choose a 5x7 Area Rug
- Pile and Texture: Our 5x7 rugs come in a variety of textures and piles. Chenille Rugs are low-pile, lightweight, and feature a smooth texture. These rugs work best in high-traffic areas and low-clearance doors. Re-Jute Rugs feature a basketweave texture in an earthy color palette. Plush Rugs are medium-pile rugs that feature a soft, furry texture. Outdoor Rugs are fade-resistant, perfect for any outdoor space.
- Color: A 5x7 rug in more neutral hues, such as white, cream, grey, beige, tan, or taupe, can tie all your colorful furniture pieces and decor elements together. For a pop of color, go for bolder shades like red, green, blue, orange, yellow, or purple.
- Style or Pattern: Whether you’re styling a bohemian, modern, traditional, or farmhouse space, we’ve got a range of pattern options for you—from geometric, floral, abstract, striped, or animal print.
- Safety: All our 5x7 rugs come in two pieces: a washable Rug Cover and a nonslip Rug Pad. Our Rug Pad is specifically designed to cling to the Rug Cover and the floor, keeping your rug securely in place.
Washable 5x7 Area Rugs to the Rescue
If you’re looking for a 5x7 rug that you can wash, look no further than Ruggable rugs! All our 5x7 rugs are stain-resistant, water-resistant, and machine-washable—perfect for high-traffic areas like the living room, dining room, kitchen, or even the bedroom! No matter what color, pattern, or style you’re looking for, we’ve got the perfect 5x7 rug for you!